The Mastering Business Development Executive Workshop is an education and professional development program which focuses on the thinking, process and discipline required for professional Business Development. This 3-day workshop fosters participants’ understanding of the core competencies required for success in the Business Development role.
Whether you have been in a Business Development role for years or you’re just starting in a new BD role, this workshop will challenge the way you think about Business Development. You’ll learn alongside peers from a variety of industries as you address some of the mechanical and conceptual challenges that may be holding you back.
The workshop will be interactive and intimate – as a result, seats are limited.
Venue: Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
5303 W Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33609
Accommodations: Participants are responsible for their own hotel arrangements. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Crowne Plaza for a special rate of $145/night. Guests can either call the Passkey Reservation Line at 1-888-233-9527 and give the reservation agent the block code “MBD” or book online (select guest type “attendee”).
This interactive, participant-centered workshop introduces the MBDi Business Development Process® with its early shaping Opportunity Identification & Qualification Phase and the HUMINT® Client Engagement Process. Participants will learn how to leverage the principles of behavioral psychology to identify valid prospects and pipeline opportunities, effectively qualify them and develop win-win business relationships for their organizations, their clients and themselves.
What You Will Learn:
- The competencies necessary to become a Business Development Professional including the thinking, behavior and skills required for proactive client engagement and revenue generation.
- How to gather the intelligence necessary to identify and disqualify unprofitable opportunities before you invest B&P resources in low probability of win opportunities.
- The proactive steps of the MBDi HUMINT Client Engagement Process to ensure each engagement with a client delivers the quality intelligence you need to move opportunities through your pipeline.
- How and why clients “buy” when making sourcing decisions.
- How to encourage customers to participate in your Opportunity Identification and Qualification phase rather than being drawn into their RFP process.
- The basics of utilizing interpersonal human psychology to understand yourself and your clients.
- Best practices from featured panel of Business Development experts for how to increase revenue in the current environment
- The fee for this workshop is $2,995 per person. This fee includes breakfast and lunch.
- Groups of 2 or more, registering together, are eligible for group discounts.
- Small Business Discount: 3 discounted seats are available for small businesses at a reduced rate of $1,995 per attendee and awarded on a first come first served basis. To reserve a discounted seat you must provide payment upon registration by calling the number below. *Limit one per company.
- For cancellations received 21 days or more from a scheduled workshop, you may either transfer to another program or nominate a substitute at no additional cost. Refund requests will incur a $250 cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations received less than 21 days before a scheduled workshop. Transfers or substitutions within 21 days of a scheduled workshop will incur a $300 administration fee. All cancellations, transfer requests and substitutions must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No registration fees will be refunded for no-shows.
- MBDi reserves the right to cancel any event in its reasonable discretion. In the event of cancellation, MBDi will coordinate your attendance in another training session.
What Our Clients Are Saying
If you only have time or the funds for one course, this is the course you should take. It is the BD 101 of the marketing world.
I have run and participated in a number of executive education programs and this one was excellent. It is geared toward the adult learner and the hands-on activities are an excellent way to apply what has been instructed.
The MBDi training workshop I attended brought together everything it took me one painful decade to learn and laid it all out clearly and efficiently. This workshop is the vulcan mind meld of BD fundamentals and I highly recommend it for everyone from tenderfeet to well-seasoned professionals.
In the increasingly competitive landscape we foresee, mastery of the art of business development is essential in achieving growth. The training we received from MBDi has been instrumental in shaping our business developers into a high-performing team to make that growth possible.