Harris Conference Center
3216 CPCC Harris Campus Dr
Charlotte, NC 28208
Accommodations: Participants are responsible for their own hotel arrangements.
There are a few hotels in the area that are available. The first two that I’m going to suggest have a shuttle service that will take you to and from the conference center each day.
- My First suggestion is the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Rd. They are offering a special rate of $129/night. Book using the reservation link here: https://charlotteairporttyvolaroad.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?corp_id=G-MBDI
2950 Oak Lake Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28273
- My next suggestion is the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel. They are offering a special rate of $149/night. In order to receive this rate, please email Beverly Zuchowski at the Sheraton with the dates you will be staying and she will handle your reservation for you.
Phone: 704 395 6183
Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
3315 Scott Futrell Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
- For my Marriott people, there is a Renaissance Charlotte Suites about 6 minutes away from the conference center, please note that there is not shuttle service provided to the conference center with this hotel .You will be on your own for transportation as well as room rate.
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
2800 Coliseum Centre Dr
Charlotte, NC 28217
Program Timeline: The training starts promptly at 8:30 am and will end at approximately 5:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will plan to wrap up by 4:30 pm on Thursday.
Dress: Business casual
This interactive, participant-centered workshop introduces the MBDi Business Development Process® with its early shaping Opportunity Identification & Qualification Phase and the HUMINT® Client Engagement Process. Participants will learn how to leverage the principles of behavioral psychology to identify valid prospects and pipeline opportunities, effectively qualify them and develop win-win business relationships for their organizations, their clients and themselves.
What You Will Learn:
- The competencies necessary to become a Business Development Professional including the thinking, behavior and skills required for proactive client engagement and revenue generation.
- How to gather the intelligence necessary to identify and disqualify unprofitable opportunities before you invest B&P resources in low probability of win opportunities.
- The proactive steps of the MBDi HUMINT Client Engagement Process to ensure each engagement with a client delivers the quality intelligence you need to move opportunities through your pipeline.
- How and why clients “buy” when making sourcing decisions.
- How to encourage customers to participate in your Opportunity Identification and Qualification phase rather than being drawn into their RFP process.
- The basics of utilizing interpersonal human psychology to understand yourself and your clients.
- Best practices from featured panel of Business Development experts for how to increase revenue in the current environment
Please allow a minimum of 10 hours to complete the pre-workshop assignments. Completing the pre-work is a small investment that will significantly enhance the benefit you receive from attending this event. We receive feedback consistently on how participants regretted not being better prepared.
1) Complete the online Personal Information Worksheet. The sooner we receive your PIW, the sooner we can prepare to meet your needs. Please be as detailed as possible as we will use the input you provide to tailor our program accordingly. All information provided remains strictly confidential and is used solely for this program’s planning and curriculum development.
2) Ensure that you read the entire training manual, Winning Conversations, Mastering the Art of Business Development which will be mailed to you. Click here to access a PDF version of the manual.
3) Read the supplementary reference materials provided on our website (pay special attention to the topics listed below). Familiarity with these topics will help you to fully understand the scope and depth of the material:
1) For cancellations received 21 days or more from a scheduled workshop, you may either transfer to another program or nominate a substitute at no additional cost. Refund requests will incur a $250 cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations received less than 21 days before a scheduled workshop. Transfers or substitutions within 21 days of a scheduled workshop will incur a $300 administration fee. All cancellations, transfer requests and substitutions must be made in writing to email@example.com.
2) No registration fees will be refunded for no-shows.
3) MBDi reserves the right to cancel any event in its reasonable discretion. In the event of cancellation, MBDi will coordinate your attendance in another training session.