The highly interactive, participant-centered course addresses Business Development challenges through role play, group and individual exercises taught by industry experts. Participants learn the why and how to solve these issues and are armed with the tools and techniques to apply immediately. Participants learn the fundamentals of the MBDi Business Development Processes® & methodology which can be applied to nearly every industry and business development situation. Participants take away best practices, a framework and a strategy to effectively incorporate into their business development process to increase leads, customer engagement and revenue generation.
Upon completion receive 21 PDUs
Typical Challenges Addressed in the Workshop:
- Terrified of cold calling and not knowing how to start the conversation or how to work through objections with prospects and customers
- Overwhelmed from learning the basics of the product production and trying to understand the kabuki dance between your company, customer and government
- Fighting to get through the closed nature of your customer community
- At a loss for how to refine your approach to different personalities on the fly
- Agonized with being thrown into a BD role when its not your background and you don’t know anything about selling
- The frustration of not being able to get in front of the decision-maker
- The challenge of overcoming the historical biases internally
- Hampered by the lack of a BD process internally and expected to maintain a solid relationships with existing customers and look for new opportunities
Participants Who Complete The 3-Day Workshop Typically are able to:
- Become more effective Business Development Professionals after learning the competencies taught in the workshop giving them the thinking, behavior and skills required for proactive client engagement and revenue generation.
- Improve the quality of intelligence necessary to identify and disqualify unprofitable opportunities before they invest B&P resources in low probability of win opportunities.
- Use the proactive steps of the MBDi HUMINT Client Engagement Process to ensure each engagement with a client delivers the quality intelligence needed to move opportunities through your pipeline.
- Better understand the psychology of how and why clients “buy” when making sourcing decisions.
- Learn how to encourage customers to participate in your Opportunity Identification and Qualification phase rather than being drawn into their RFP process.
- Utilize the best practices from featured panel of Business Development experts for how to increase their revenue in the current environment and develop win-win business relationships.
- Jan 29-31, Charlotte, NC (closed)
- April 23-25, Charlotte, NC (closed)
- July 16-18, Charlotte, NC (closed)
- Sept 24-26, Charlotte, NC
- Nov 12-13, Charlotte, NC
Your Investment Includes: 3-Day program, pre-classroom preparatory instructions, reading materials, snacks, beverages and lunch each day.
Typical MBD Participant Titles Include:
- BD Professionals
- Capture Managers
- Program Managers
- BD Managers
- Inside Sales/ Manager & Director
- Chief Engineers / Account Manager
- Questions email Priya at firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials from Graduates of the Workshop
- “Excellent curriculum leveraging psychological theory that helps you think very differently about how to engage with clients/customers to stay in control and foster results.” ~ Business Development, Technical Propulsion
- “I came in very blind to the true nature of Business Development. After the 3-day workshop, my eyes were opened to a new world of business.” ~ Business Development Manager
Testimonials from Graduates of the 3-Day Workshop
- “The class helped me think differently about BD. Always was solution driven, not behavioral. Now I have to have the discipline to change.”~ Senior Sales Manager
- “This course helped me to understand why I get nervous and hesitate to BD calls, and provide me with the information to counter these feelings.” ~ Director
- “Great workshop – even for a BD novice, I learned much more than I expected.” ~ Program Manager II
- “You don’t know what you don’t know, and until now, no one ever told me what BD really was at its core.”~BD Director
- “It is always beneficial to stop working and take a few days to really think and this workshop encourages thinking!” ~Deputy Director
- “A lifetime of experiences packed into 3 days!” ~ Senior Vice President & IT Services
- “This workshop reinforced that customer engagement requires deliberate preparation.” ~ Senior Vice President – Human Capital Services
- “Great workshop!” ~ Inside Business Development Sales
- “MBDi provided a challenging, intense 3 days. It allows you to create a change in mindset through critical thinking.” ~ Regional Manager
- “This workshop increased my planning for productivity in shaping business opportunities, saving me time “chasing” opportunities.“ ~ Deputy Account Manager
- “Better to know how and why someone buys.” ` Director of Operations
- “For those of us with a lot of experience with BD roles, this was a great overview of the fundamentals and insights form others in their roles. For those with little or no BD experience, this is a great starting point. I wish I would have had this training earlier in my career.” ~ Senior Sales Executive – Southwest Region