Registration is limited to Twenty Five (25) attendees to ensure quality.
The Mastering Business Development® workshop is a highly interactive training program for Business Development or Capture Management Professionals, based on the book “Winning Conversations, Mastering the art of Business Development.” This Instructor-Led workshop includes job aids, processes and principles that help Business Development or Capture Management personnel leverage the behavioral psychology to identify valid prospects and pipeline opportunities, effectively qualify them and develop win-win business relationships for their organizations, their clients and themselves. We engage our students in Socratic discussions, group presentations, role plays, and individual application exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Mastering Business Development® is designed for personnel primarily responsible for revenue generation (BD, Capture or PM’s) and their managers. It can be applied to nearly every industry and business development situation – however it was originally developed for highly complex sales, intangibles or intellectual capital type products.
What You Will Learn:
- The competencies necessary to become a Business Development Professional including the thinking, behavior and skills required for proactive client engagement and revenue generation.
- How to gather the intelligence necessary to identify and disqualify unprofitable opportunities before you invest B&P resources in low probability of win opportunities.
- The proactive steps of the MBDi HUMINT Client Engagement Process to ensure each engagement with a client delivers the quality intelligence you need to move opportunities through your pipeline.
- How and why clients “buy” when making sourcing decisions.
- How to encourage customers to participate in your Opportunity Identification and Qualification phase rather than being drawn into their RFP process.
- The basics of utilizing interpersonal human psychology to understand yourself and your clients.
- Best practices from featured panel of Business Development experts for how to increase revenue in the current environment.