Mastering Stakeholder Engagement
IMPROVING DAILY COMMUNICATIONS & INTERACTIONS
A one-day Power Training from MBDi and Washington Technology
Important Workshop Information
Tuesday, October 22
- Boro Station, Tower III, Tysons, 1785 Greensboro Station Pl, McLean, VA 22102
Meals & Beverages
Soda, Water & Coffee provided all day
- 8-8:30 Continental Breakfast
- 10-10:15 Light Snacks
- 12-12:30 Lunch
- 2-2:15 Light Snacks
- Business Casual
- Participant Workbooks & Pens
- Highlighters & Post-It Tabs
- Markers & Flip-charts
- Index Cards & Name Badges
- Prize Books
Program Details (8am to 4:30pm)
Instructor Led with Individual/Group Exercises
Instructor & Program Support
- Jim Allen (Instructor)
- Christina Hong ( Program Support)
- 8-8:30 ~ Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30-8:40 ~Introductions
- 8:40-10:00 ~ Phase I
- 10-10:10 ~ Break
- 10:10-12:00 ~ Phase II
- 12-12:30 ~Lunch
- 12:30-2:30 Phase III
- 2:30-4:30 ~Phase IV
- 4:30 ~ Evaluations & Certificates
- 2 – Strategy and Business Mgmt
- 2 – Technical
- 3 – Leadership
A successful workshop begins with good preparation which is why it is essential that you read the pre-workshop reading materials on this page. The day will be packed full of information and interactions with the instructor and other participants. We are looking forward to meeting you and sharing in your learning experience.
Stakeholders/clients understand the why behind a project. The why defines the purpose. Engaging, influencing and keeping buy-in from key stakeholders are the most important activities a program or project manager needs to undertake. Programs, project deliverables, budgets and growth can quickly be undermined if there is poor stakeholder engagement and minimal buy-in. Yet there is very little information available to address their critical skill sets. The MSE workshop is specifically designed to help Program and Project Managers understand the roles, skills and activities to allow them to better drive client success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An understanding of the Evolving Project Management role.
- An understanding of proactive Client Engagement Processes.
- Appropriate behavior required to execute the client engagement process.
- An introduction to behavioral psychology.
- The required thinking necessary to drive appropriate Value based behavior.
- An introduction to the 7 Core Competencies PMI Expects of Project Managers.
- The difference between mechanical and psychological limitations in project management.
LEARNING FOR SUCCESS
Leave with an improved arsenal of fundamental stakeholder/client engagement skills and techniques that will help you improve stakeholder/client management as well as your fundamental communications skills in your every day dealings with people.
- Four Phase Client Engagement Process
- Bonding & Positioning
- Psychological Limitations
Build a viable set of tools and techniques to better manage communications with the customer and other stakeholders.
- If you request cancellation 14 days or more before a scheduled workshop, you may nominate a substitute or transfer to another program at no additional cost. Refund requests will incur a $250 cancellation fee. Refunds are not provided for cancellations received less than 14 days before a scheduled workshop. Transfers or substitutions within 14 days of a scheduled workshop will incur a $500 administration fee. All cancellations, transfer requests and substitutions must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No registration fees will be refunded for no-shows.
- Washington Technology and MBDi reserves the right to cancel any event in its reasonable discretion. In the event of cancellation, Washington Technology and MBDi will coordinate your attendance in another training session.
All cancellations, transfer requests and substitutions must be made in writing to email@example.com.