Mastering Stakeholder Engagement 1-Day Workshop
Addresses How To Get Beyond Personality Driven Client Engagement
The Mastering Stakeholder Engagement (MSE) workshop is specifically designed to help Program and Project Managers address challenges faced in their role. This professional development training offers pre-homework, case studies, in- classroom group and individual exercises, and roll play.
Participants learn how to understand the roles, skills and activities that drive top line growth, align to customer/stakeholder goals, and how to deal with difficult conversations without losing trust. Upon completion participants acquire new tools and methods to elevate their program and project management skills, improve communications to build long-term relationships with stakeholders, and become more effective at recognizing and cultivating leads.
Challenges Addressed In The Workshop:
- Fear of losing a stakeholders trust
- Misunderstanding of client’s needs, expectations and goals
- Frustrated by changes to business rules after a project has begun
- Worried about managing scope creep and handling competing priorities in meetings
- Fear of setting expectations upfront with stakeholders about shortfalls and resources
- Troubled by lack of understanding of corporate polices by some partners and stakeholders
- Expected to find new opportunities from leadership to expand relationships, while managing current project objectives
- Being overwhelmed by day-to-day changes and options to current requirements from stakeholders, and still expected to meet weekly deliverable
Upon Completion Graduates Are Able To:
- Align to stakeholder goals and build or rebuild a trusting relationship
- Learn the why and how of stakeholder needs to be able to have delicate and difficult discussions without losing trust
- Manage expectations without always having to say “yes” to every request and still maintain long term relationships
- Translate program progress in the language stakeholders understand
- Set expectations and timelines with team and stakeholders to keep scope in tact
- Work with team to learn how to recognize opportunities and be more consultative with stakeholders and partners
- Learn tips and techniques to recognize leads and push for new business development growth opportunities
- Improve Program and Project Management skills through tools, templates and strategies provided at the workshop
- Share applications and knowledge from workshop with their own teams
WHAT GRADUATES OF THE WORKSHOP HAVE TO SAY
“I not only learned helpful techniques for managing my clients from the instructor, but I also learned so much from my fellow classmates’ experiences.” ~Business Analyst
“Prepare yourself for your conversation with your client. Very few people understand how to communicate.” ~Program Manager
“Great presenter and quality of information.” ~Senior Program Manager
“A very energized session with interesting and practical workshop exercises.” ~VP of Client Success
“Own it.” ~Program Manager
“Wonderful session……….Jim was fantastic. I look forward to future events where Jim is the lead presenter.” ~Principal
“Very practical and helpful training that will significantly improve skills of project and program managers. It will change your thinking and will make you much more efficient”~Program Manager
“The workshop has provided me key skills that will make me more effective in my role.” ~ Program Manager
Jim Allen, JR. – Lead Instructor
Jim Allen has extensive experience working with the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, Civilian Agencies and Commercial accounts. Not only does he apply a disciplined Business Development approach to all new and expanded opportunities, he also brings significant expertise in Project Management, P&L Leadership, Opportunity Shaping, and Solution Architecture in the design of cost-effective solutions for complex problems that address customer issues.
Before retiring from a career spanning several decades with major government services organizations including TASC, SAIC, Grumman Data Systems, United Computing, Response Resource and General Electric, Jim held multiple leadership positions in Business Development, Line Management and Chief Engineering roles.
During the last ten years, he was responsible for managing a $4B pipeline, led $2B in pursuits, and captured $800 M in new business. Additional achievements include his creation of a comprehensive work breakdown structure compliant with RFP/RFQ requirements and Federal Acquisition regulations key to establishing major program pursuit budgets and doubling capture opportunities.
With MBDi, Jim serves as a Senior Consultant and Trainer. His experiential knowledge as a seasoned professional who has led teams in identifying, qualifying, pursuing, shaping and winning lucrative contracts makes him a valuable resource for clients.
Jim earned an MS degree in Management of Information Technology from the University of Virginia, and earned a BS in Industrial Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
For Public and In-House Program Information
Please email Priya at email@example.com