Educational Needs Assessment
Identify the Gaps and Misalignments in Your BD Organization’s Core Competencies to Pinpoint the Right Education, Coaching and Professional Development Your Team Needs
Because these four components are covered as part of the comprehensive Revenue Generation Assessment, it is not necessary to perform the Educational Needs Assessment when you conduct the Revenue Generation Assessment. This assessment captures the present state of revenue growth capability within your entire BD organization creating a baseline from which to compare against top performing BD organizations in your industry.
A sampling of what is evaluated:
- Review of your operational and tactical BD plans
- Evaluation of your direct and indirect BD personnel capabilities and limitations
- Evaluation of your BD leadership capabilities
- Analysis of your organizational Business Development process
- Analysis of your BD personnel leadership including their behavioral psychology competencies
- Evaluation of your BD organization’s structure, documentation and execution of the Client Engagement Process
12 Core Competencies
of Business Development
This assessment also addresses the 12 Core Competencies of Business Development and captures the present state of individual thinking, discipline, processes, customer engagement methodologies, hunting/farming skills, leadership capabilities, and BD plans.
Know Up Front Where To Focus Efforts & Resources
The Educational Needs Assessment may be conducted as a standalone without the Revenue Generation Assessment. However, our client history shows those who conduct the MBDi Revenue Generation Assessment experience the maximum revenue results over those who opt only to conduct the MBDi Educational Needs Assessment.
The decision is yours.
The Educational Needs Assessment will:
- Confirm or deny the consistent use of a proven customer engagement methodology across your enterprise
- Identify the presence or absence of honed “hunting” and “farming” skills aligned with your BD organization’s needs
- Confirm or deny the right type of thinking and behaviors are present to drive revenue results
- Review your operational, tactical and account plans to identify misalignments or gaps
- Identify the presence or absence of BD processes including early shaping and opportunity identification and qualification components
- Confirm or deny a proven customer engagement model is in place and consistently used throughout the BD organization
- Prove or disprove the ability and commitment of leadership and personnel to achieve the desired revenue growth goals
- Evaluate the BD organization structure where accountability and resources lie to achieve goals
- Review position descriptions, skills, metrics and KPIs for Business Development roles to identify misalignments or gaps
- Review Business Development career path and succession plan evaluations to determine if optimal
We Provide You The Roadmap for Corrective Action Whether Or Not You Engage With Us Further
What Our Clients Are Saying
MBDi was instrumental in helping me turn around a Business Development Department that had not remained current with evolving Industry trends. Using their proprietary systems, MBDi helped to evaluate the skills, knowledge and ability of existing Business Development personnel to determine both individual and collective training needs as well as suitability for the demands of a new business development model. Using the results of this effort, a comprehensive training plan was instituted and selections made to ensure personnel were matched to the needs of the new model. Additionally, through their consulting service, MBDi helped to develop comprehensive business development processes and procedures to ensure consistent results. Our return on this investment resulted in increasing our maturity level from level two to level four (out of five) and improving win rates from 65% to 98% for re-competes and from 32% to 46% for new business.