- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means MBDi
- ‘the site’ means the MBDi website you are visiting or engaging with; and
How you can contact us:
Data Protection Officer MBDi
177 Old Arborway Road
Mooresville, NC 28117-6805
Email: Data Protection Officer
Information we may collect about you
Information you give us:
We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you:
Information we receive from third parties:
We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
How we use information about you
We use personal data to:
- Provide you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events and publications we run, or other services we provide (for example online webinars and e-newsletters).
- For general administration and organization of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re attending.
- To keep in contact with you about other similar events or services of ours that may be of interest to you, or for research purposes after an event you have attended.
- Analyze user traffic to measure use of our websites and improve their content.
- To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.
The purpose of this is:
- We will need to use your contact details to keep you updated about the products or services you have indicated you are interested in.
- We will need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
- To keep you up to date on similar events or services you have previously purchased from us in the past. To analyze the effectiveness of our products and offerings to you.
- We may use information such as your IP address for analytical purposes of our pages, this could also include improving the content of our websites and services.
- We may need to use or process your personal data to comply with some legal requirements, an example being health and safety or fire safety at an event
The applicable legal basis:
- By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.
- Where you have registered to attend an event, we need to use your personal data in this way to perform our contractual obligations to you. Where you are attending an event but do not have a contract with us (for example you received free tickets), it is our legitimate interest to use your personal data for general administration and logistics of the event.
- It is our legitimate interest to keep you up to date on similar events of ours you have attended our exhibited at in the past. Where we rely on legitimate interests in this way, we will always offer an opt out, and unsubscribe option on any.
- We have identified web analytics as a legitimate interest of our business and allow us to better meet your needs as a customer.
- Where we need to process your data for these reasons, the legal basis will be compliance with a legal obligation.
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
Who we might share your data with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org).
Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
Third party content, sites, and contributions
How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorized access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in five years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorized access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
Where we store your information
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officers details are provided on Page 1 of this policy.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to ask us to stop processing your data or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to request that we delete your personal data.
California online privacy protection act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How Does Our Site Handle Do Not Track Signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- We do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN Spam Act
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.